To learn more about each ministry, please click the ministry titles below.
Men … women … singles … couples … parents … seniors – the Bethany Baptist Family Ministry has something for everyone! The goal of the Family Ministry is to provide Bible-based ministries that will educate, enrich, restore, and bring support to each member of the family component. Through creative and structured programs, individuals, families, and marriages will not only be transformed but also equipped with the necessary tools to live purpose-fulfilled lives.
Develop lasting relationships as you build your faith through our Family Ministry!
Contact: Pastor Nicholas Smith
856.784.2220 ext 317
The Focus Ministry is Bethany Baptist Church’s ministry for single adults who have never married or are divorced, widowed, or separated. Our mission is to transform the lives of these individuals by teaching them to discover who God called them to be. We meet on the first Tuesday of each month in the Harvest Hall at 7:30 p.m.
Our goals for the ministry are threefold:
• To encourage and equip single individuals to maximize their God-given gifts, talents and resources
• To encourage single individuals to embrace their singleness as an opportunity and not a deficiency
• To teach single individuals how to live transformed and spiritually balanced lives
We accomplish these goals through a powerful monthly teaching series that covers a variety of issues, from achieving personal and career goals and sound financial stewardship, to balanced living and maintaining healthy relationships.
We invite you to fellowship and grow with us. By joining the Focus Ministry, you will commit yourself to achieving a life of wholeness – one in which you will be transformed, restored, and able to realize the purpose that God has for your life.
For more information on the ministry or our upcoming events, please contact us at 856.784.2220 ext. 200, or .
Linked Couples Ministry
The Linked Couples Ministry is a Bible-based ministry dedicated to providing enrichment, preservation, and restoration to married couples of Bethany Baptist Church. This is accomplished through monthly Bible classes, fellowships, trips, annual retreats and getaways, mentoring, and coaching.
Linked Couples meet every fourth Thursday from 7:30-9:00 p.m. Married couples are encouraged to attend monthly Bible classes and fellowships where the focus is centered on helping couples to maintain intimacy, communication, and a sense of unity.
We invite all couples to attend! For more information, please contact Rev. Jonathan Vaughters or Sister Deshanna Vaughters at or 856.782.6749.
Saints Alive ministers to those members of Bethany Baptist who are 55 and older. This ministry is dedicated to providing a sense of community, caring, enrichment, socialization and fellowship, to individuals who are living in their matured years.
The Saints Alive Ministry participates and plans trips and social outings to different venues each month. In addition, guest speakers are provided each month to enlighten and empower seniors about Medicare information, nutrition, safety, Wills, Estates and much more.
The Saints Alive Ministry meets every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 11am at Bethany Baptist Church. Membership and registration is required before attendance.
For more information, please contact Sister Barbara Congleton, Director of Saints Alive, at or 856.784.2220 x397.
Safe House Ministry
The mission of our Safe House Ministry is to address the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of men by discipling them and being positive role models to one another. The Safe House men are committed to God’s purpose for their lives as the priests of their households. They strive to strengthen the relationship between men and women, glorify God, and edify the body of Christ through a number of fellowship opportunities and activities …
• Men’s Fellowship and Bible Study Sessions – Meets every Thursday at 7 p.m.
• Men’s Prayer Sessions – Meets every Saturday at 7 p.m.
• Three Fish Fry Fellowships – Open to men of all ages and held at Bethany Baptist Church. The Fish Fry Fellowships feature praise,
worship, dinner, fellowship, music ministry, and the preached word. Average attendance is 300 men for this free-will offering event.
• Three off-site fellowships – Including but not limited to bowling parties, sports events, pool challenges, and fellowship meals
• Annual Men’s Day at Bethany Baptist Church – During 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. services.
• Two Fellowship Breakfasts – Open to men of all ages and held at Bethany Baptist Church. The Fellowship Breakfasts feature praise,
worship, dinner, fellowship, music ministry, and the preached word. Average attendance is 100 men for this free-will offering event.
The Safe House Ministry also fellowships with men’s ministries at other churches during occasions when they are sponsoring a men’s event.
We invite all men to join us as Safe House Men! For more information, please contact us at or 856.784.2220, ext. 211.
The Diamonds Women’s Ministry at Bethany Baptist ministers to women ages 18 years and older. This ministry is designed to promote sisterhood within the body of Christ, as well as to empower, equip, and inspire women to fulfill their God-given destiny.
Through creative ministries that meet the complex needs of today’s woman, the goal is to bring together women of all ages and stages for edification and service opportunities …
• Women’s Bible Study – Meets every second Tuesday at 11:00 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Through study and life application of the Word of God, these classes are designed to equip women with biblical truths that will enlighten and transform their every day.
• Intercessory Prayer and Worship – Meets every fourth Tuesday at 7 p.m. This ministry component is designed to build and strengthen the prayer and worship life of women. Women of all ages come together for a time of teaching, intercession, prayer, praise, and worship.
• Body, Soul and Mind Workshops – Designed to strengthen and restore the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of today’s woman, these classes focus on health issues and the latest innovations that pertain to health (mammogram testing, dieting, exercise, gynecological testing, etc.). These classes also lay a foundation for how to maintain a healthy, physical, mental, and emotional state (classes on stress reduction, facials, fashion tips and design, make-up and skin-care, building self-esteem, etc.)
• Dare to Dream Workshops – These exciting workshops teach women how to build on their dreams and talents, while empowering and encouraging women to courageously walk in their God-given potential.
• Women’s Restoration Weekend – An annual two-day, Spirit-filled get-away to relax, fellowship, and engage in the Word of God.
• Monthly News Journal – News articles highlighting past and upcoming ministry events and other interests for women.
• Quarterly Seminars & Prayer Breakfast – Prayer breakfasts with praise, worship, and powerful preaching and teaching!
• WOW Book Club – Meets bi-monthly every 1st Monday at 8 p.m. It’s a time of fun and fellowship as women come together for thought-provoking discussion and reflections about the latest book of the month.
• Women Discovering God – Welcome to Women Discovering God(WDG) a new segment of Women at the Well Intercessary Prayer. From a Christian perspective we will blog and host a live discussion group that will explore various genres of art - films, plays, literature, etc. - that briefly carry us off to other places and worlds: the realities we would love to have. Why? Click to view blog
• Y.A.N.A.S. – (You Are Not Alone Sister) Our MISSION is to have an informed community about breast health awareness through presentations with printed facts and publications on a continuous basis. To raise awareness of all women and men about breast health awareness to decrease the mortality rate, with a focus on African Americans due to late detection. The repetitive message is EARLY DETECTION is the key. We strive to encourage the comfort level to talk about a cancer diagnosis: and thereby increasing chances of learning about resources and help available. We will have a "buddy" to be with you from diagnosis, treatment and healing as your spiritual partner through prayer and be a listener as you reach for recovery. Person to call for an advocate: June White at 856 728 8295 or Bethany Baptist Church 856 784 2220, Ext 123.
The Diamonds Women’s Ministry is committed to holistically touching every area of a woman’s life in order to bring healing, restoration, and spiritual development!
All women are invited to attend our fellowship. For more information, please contact the Diamonds Women's Ministry Board at or 856.784.2220, ext 241.