Outreach and Evangelism
To learn more about each ministry, please click the ministry titles below.
Outreach and Evangelism
"Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel,” Jesus commanded us in Mark 16:15.
Our Outreach & Evangelism Ministry is fulfilling this Great Commission in many powerful ways. We are reaching the world for Christ through outreaches such as our feeding programs that serve those in need … our Freedom Prison Ministry that touches the lives of those who have been incarcerated … and our Timothy Evangelism Ministry, which teaches believers to be more effective witnesses for Christ and gives opportunities to win people to the Lord.
Bethany Baptist Church has several programs that serve the needs of the church’s congregation and the community at large in diverse and meaningful ways. We have three primary programs that are implemented by the Outreach Department of Bethany Baptist that provide food and clothing on a monthly basis:
The Food Bank Ministry of Bethany Baptist Church distributes bags of USDA foods combined with name-brand food items to individuals and families on the second Friday of each month. The Food Bank serves approximately 120 to 150 individuals or families. This ministry places an emphasis on providing these food packages to senior citizens, low-income families, the unemployed, individuals in social welfare programs, and handicapped and/or disabled persons. Periodically, foods are donated to this program by local supermarkets.
For more information on our Food Bank, please contact Chef Joe Brown at or 856.784.2220 ext 214.
Hot Meals and Clothing Give-Away
Bethany Baptist Church serves hot meals during their monthly Outreach events within the cities of Camden, New Jersey, and Lindenwold, New Jersey. In addition to serving Hot Meals in various communities within these Cities, the Ministry also conducts a Clothing Give-Away during these Events that provides clothing to Men, Women, and Children. The Goal of this Outreach Initiative is to provide multiple Hot Meals and Clothing Give-Away activities simultaneously in multiple neighborhood or Cities.
To find out more about our Feeding Programs, please contact us at or 856.782.6758.
Our Promise Ministry (Nursing Home) offers Bible Study sessions and worship services to nine facilities located within Camden, Gloucester, and Burlington counties. These Bible studies and worship services are conducted on a weekly basis at these locations. This ministry holds monthly meetings on the first Wednesday from 8-9 p.m. at Bethany Baptist Church.
Anyone interested in participating in this ministry can contact Deacon Roy Trader at or 856.782.6758.
Social Services Ministry
Our Social Services Ministry provides intervention to individuals and families that experience hardship in areas, including food, shelter, utilities, mental health needs, and other circumstances that impose hardships to individuals on a daily basis. This ministry relies heavily on the research of programs and services that are available in the community. The ministry also utilizes a team of volunteers that are resourceful, committed, and can process confidential information in a trustworthy manner.
If you are interested in volunteering for our Social Service Ministry, please feel free to contact Deacon Roy Trader at or 856.782.6758.
Pastoral Care Ministry
The Pastoral Care Ministry exists to affirm the inherent worth and dignity of every person by having in place helping ministries of hope and caring so that no member of our congregation needs to face life’s struggles alone.
We desire to transform lives one at a time through life-changing ministries such as …
• Sick & Shut-in Ministry – This ministry calls and sends cards to the sick and shut-ins who are homebound, in rehab, or in the hospital to provide emotional encouragement and spiritual support. In addition, we maintain contact with those unable to attend church due to disabilities.
• New Members Ministry – This exciting ministry welcomes and follows up with new members by letter and telephone. We also answer questions regarding the church’s ministries, encourage members to get involved with the new members’ class and volunteer ministries, and contact helping ministries to provide assistance to a member, if needed.
• Missing in Action Ministry – This vital ministry follows up on absent members. We encourage the absent and chronic absentee member to attend church by ministering to them and encouraging them. Most important, we determine if they have special needs and what we can do as a church family to help them.
• Guest (Impact) Conceirge Ministry – We are the frontline of contact with new visitors to Bethany Baptist. Through a letter and telephone call with each visitor, we create a sense of belonging to the point that visitors want to return and also become a member of the church. We also invite nonmembers to other church activities and services with the ultimate goal of leading them to Christ or to become active in worship and ministry if already a Christian.
• REACH (Bereavement) Ministry – We offer support for those bereaving loved ones in our family. We make phone calls and send cards of encouragement immediately after burial. Subsequently, cards are sent every three months for one year. In addition, we provide grief support groups for both children and adults. We also now hold Remembrance Ceremonies to honor those family members and friends who have passed on.
If you want to know more about this powerful ministry, contact us at or Norma Boyd at 856.784.2220 x115.
Rescue - Timothy Ministry
Our Timothy Evangelism Ministry is an outreach and teaching ministry that believes in and actively shares salvation by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
The class meets every 1st and 3rd Monday at 8 p.m. and provides full-scale instruction to become better witnesses for our Lord and Savior. Our instructor presents dynamic evangelism tools for all environments, and we are taught how to identify and develop our individual gifts to help spread the Gospel.
Timothy Evangelism Ministry was designed to foster and facilitate the need for the members of Bethany Baptist Church to embrace the charge of our Lord’s Great Commission to make disciples of all nations. We want to spark a fire for evangelism, first within the congregation of Bethany Baptist Church, then in every church, institution, community, and country that the Holy Spirit leads us to. As we build relationships with people around the corner and across the globe, we know that God will open up avenues for us to share the Good News of Christ.
Timothy Evangelism Ministry has several activities in which you can volunteer and get involved ...
• Street Ministry – The Street Ministry Outreach team is the evangelistic arm of the church, which endeavors to provide opportunities for Christ-centered disciples to share their confession and profession of faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior to the community through evangelism and distribution of food and clothing. (Outreach – Every 4th Saturday)
• Juvenile Aftercare Ministry – The Aftercare Program is designed to assist and mentor youth. The ministry endeavors to be a beacon of hope and encouragement as we bring the life-changing message of the Gospel, and provide spiritual transitional assistance into the body of Christ.
• “Victory Is Mine” Ministry – This ministry was birthed out of the Freedom Prison Ministry. It was implemented with the purpose of helping to transition those who’ve lost their way. We aspire to assist the homeless, inmates, and substance abusers in finding employment.
• Volunteering at Faith Tabernacle – We assist Rev. Barbara Farmer, Pastor of Faith Tabernacle Church of the Living God in Camden, New Jersey, by touching hearts and changing lives with the Gospel of Jesus Christ every 3rd Sunday at 9 a.m. We share breakfast with the homeless, provide clothing and toiletries, and most importantly we share God’s Word.
• Messengers of God’s Love Ministry (MOGL) – MOGL is a teen outreach ministry desiring to see souls saved for the glory of God. We believe in what the Bible teaches about being saved and invite all those committed teens who have a heart and mind to serve to join us as we win souls for Christ. Our goal is to take the Gospel message of Jesus Christ into the streets, shelters, and prisons. (Class meeting – 1st Tuesday from 6:30-7:30 p.m.)
Everyone is invited! Become a part of the Timothy Evangelism Ministry as we stand up and be counted for Jesus. Please contact us at or 856.784.2220 x396.
Rescue - Freedom Prison Ministry
The mission of our Freedom Prison Ministry is to bring the Word of God and the message of salvation to those who are incarcerated. We are called to serve as if we were serving our very Lord and Savior, in God’s work of grace, not ours.
During our weekly visits, the Prison Ministry team holds services that include worship, ministering of God’s Word, and prayer. It is a ministry that has been bearing great fruit in the lives of many men and women who have come to find hope in Christ within the walls of prison.
If you would like more information on being a part of this life-changing team, please contact us at or 856.784.2200 x396.